Ignite School is proud to partner with Velocity Transport to provide school bus service to our families. We know that bus service is an essential service that many of our families need in order for their children to attend our school. We want to ensure that all of our students have a safe, affordable and enjoyable commute, to and from school each day. Bus safety precautions are in place to ensure the safety of all students including:
- Bus attendants to monitor student behavior and assist with student boarding/exiting
- Bus video monitoring
- Safety seat belts
- Assigned seating
- Student ID cards
- Trained Drivers
- Extra bus checks after students disembark
- Bus audits of all safety procedures
Arriving to school is important, however more importantly is arriving to school unharmed and on time. This occurs when children obey basic safety principles when riding the school bus. Non-compliant students pose a risk to not only themselves, but to other passengers or even pedestrians. The following list identifies some rules that should be followed each time students board a school bus:
- Students must remain seated at all times while the bus is in motion.
- Students must wear a seatbelt while on the bus.
- Students must keep the aisle clear at all times.
- Students must keep their volume at a minimal level.
- Students are not to exit the bus until it comes to a full stop.
- Students must leave the bus in an orderly manner.
- Students should leave home early enough to arrive at the bus stop before the bus is due.
- Students must refrain from distracting the bus driver.
All students must wear their ID tags at all times. They must scan their tags upon entering and exiting the bus (at school and home). Students must take their assigned seat and remain seated for the duration of the ride. Our bus attendants, closely monitor student movement to ensure student safety. Any and all behavior or safety issues are reported to the bus attendant, classroom teacher and/or Director. Students who are unable to adhere to the bus safety rules may be removed from the service temporarily or permanently. The above listed rules only serve as a guide to transporting students safely to and from their destinations. However, students must comply with the rules, and the attendants must enforce them. When all parties do their part, the risk of accidents and injury is decreased.